Monday 24 March 2014

REFLECTIONS OF ENGLISH LESSONS!

                                                 REFLECTIONS OF ENGLISH LESSONS!



                          English lessons with Ms Foo and Mdm Tan is fun. Although sometimes the lessons can be super dull and boring, but most of the time, quite fun. Ms Foo creates interesting activities which is very effective to me, because most if not all of the students hate boring lessons. I tend to sleep when the lessons are boring. Mdm Tan is quite straight forward, her lessons are mostly boring and mind wrecking! hehe. NO OFFENCE! Although sometimes she creates some activities to spice the lesson up a little, but rarely.
                          Still, I completely understand why teachers cant always make the lesson too much fun. If we students have too much fun, we tend too push our luck and in the end, we have fun but forget everything important the teacher said. Which, i guess is very true.
                          Enough talking about the lessons, now it's all about me. Well, not all but most of it. I admit, i haven't been paying real attention in class, I know i can do better. When it was announce that I got the highest mark in class for the common test, I was flabbergasted. I thought i got quite a high mark, but when i received my exam paper, I felt a sharp pain i my heart,not because of a heart attack, but instead, out of shock. I got 19 out of the 30 marks. I nearly cried. It was a disgrace to me, i mean, 19 out of 30. You have got to be kidding me. English was one of my favourite subjects. Then I realized, English in secondary one express,in primary school, I use to get the highest score for English for nearly all my test. Sorry for boasting.
                           Then I remembered something, before my mom passed away, she used to read to me alot of books,she taught me everything she knew about English, she forced me to read series books. But I know she did it for my own good. So the message that I want to plunge inside everyone's head is, No Pain, No Gain. In this context, you have to force yourself to learn, no matter how boring or mind boggling it the lesson is. Clear your doubts with your teacher. Those doubts are the ones that are going to pull you away from learning smoothly. Here a tip to keep yourself motivated to keep learning. Promise yourself that you would reward yourself with a tasty treat every month if you didn't sleep in class during English lessons.

         It's possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems, and that in time, the grief . . . lessons. It may not go away completely, but after a while it's not so overwhelming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment